Sorry to hear about the trouble! There are a couple things we can try to get the bottom of the issue.
First, click on the cog in the top right corner of the Nye website? It will show you whether you have a microphone and camera selected or what options are available to you.
If no options appear, then you need to do the following depending on your browser:
- Open Chrome
- Click the three stacked dots in the top right corner of the browser window
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu
- Click on Privacy and security in the lefthand menu
- Scroll down and click Site settings
- Click Camera and turn Ask before accessing on
- Click the grey arrow next to Site Settings
- Click Microphone and turn Ask before accessing on
Safari on an iPhone or iPad
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Privacy
- Tap Microphone and toggle on Safari
- Go back to Privacy settings
- Tap on Camera and toggle on Safari
Safari on a Mac laptop
- Click on the apple logo in the top left corner of the screen
- Select System Preferences from the dropdown menu
- Choose Security & Privacy and then the Privacy tab.
- Unlock (click) the lock icon in the lower-left to make changes
- Click Camera in the left sidebar and then select the Safari checkbox
- Click Microphone in the left sidebar and then select the Safari checkbox
We recommend then closing out of your browser, restarting your session and logging back into Nye.
If this doesn't solve the issue for you then let us know ASAP. Click on the blue icon 💬 in the bottom right hand corner or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!